Reports to: Executive Director
The Director of Support Services manages the staff, budget, scheduling and high quality delivery of key support services--laundry, food service and housekeeping-- at Colorado Outdoor Education Center’s three residential facilities. The Director of Support Services is responsible for ensuring the quality of the food served and the accommodations provided. The director is a key member of the leadership team, working alongside directors of each operation to assure excellence and efficiency in all support services. This is a full-time, year-round position and reports to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Hire, train, supervise, mentor, and evaluate up to 15 seasonal and year-round food staff, as well as up to six seasonal and/or year round laundry and housekeeping personnel.
- Manage budgets related to laundry, housekeeping and food service efficiently within the overall COEC budget. Understand the industry’s market and pricing.
- Work with the directors to create appropriate staff schedules for meals, laundry service, and cleaning according to program needs.
- Analyze current food trends to meet guests’ expectations.
- Create or review menus to ensure that they meet nutritional guidelines and provide a high quality, healthy, balanced diet for campers/clients/students/staff.
- Work with staff to adapt and effectively provide meals that meet the needs of those with food allergies, including, but not limited to, nuts, gluten, dairy, fish/seafood, and soy as well as menu options for common diet preferences, especially vegetarian.
- Main contact for campers, camp parents, teachers, health center staff, and other guests as needed regarding food service, laundry or housekeeping issues.
- Maintain relationships with distributors and vendors. Oversee ordering for food, cleaning and laundry supplies.
- Understand Colorado Department of Health requirements for safe food service and assure that all food service staff are trained in safe service practices. The director has the overall responsibility for monitoring kitchen practices, including regular cleaning and sanitation of the kitchens.
- Regularly evaluate laundry, housekeeping and food service staff and services for efficiency and excellence.
- Communicate and coordinate with maintenance for needed repairs in lodging, kitchens or laundry facilities.
- Facilitate the timely removal and replacement of our trash compactor. Monitor recycle bins and trailer and arrange for them to be exchanged or taken to town and emptied as needed
- Work closely with other members of the leadership team to support overall goals at each facility/program with high quality residential services.
- As a key member of the leadership staff, the Director of Support Services may be expected to be involved in community-wide emergencies, events, initiatives or work projects or special needs as they arise.
- Responsive to needs emergencies after hours and help fill in when needed. Must be able to work and be flexible with all hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Responsibilities are not limited to this job description.
Qualifications: (Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience)
Physical Requirements of the Position:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org