Reports to: Executive Director
Job Description: The IT Specialist is a full time position responsible for managing, maintaining, improving and repairing the networks, communication and other smart technology for three residential facilities (two that operate seasonally) on a 6,000 acre property.
- Administration, Planning and Budget
- Perform an annual audit of all hardware and organization owned software on the property.
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and ensure equipment is maintained on schedule.
- Anticipate the cost of replacing or upgrading software and hardware on a periodic basis.
- Evaluate organizational needs and build a proposed budget for COEC’s technology, communication, “smart sites” and audio-visual needs.
- Security and Compliance
- Work with the Executive Director, Legal resources, and senior staff to understand and implement compliance with cyber security and privacy laws, rules, and best practices that apply to the organization and its operating charter.
- Act as the primary administrator to manage and assign user accounts and access to organizations systems and data.
- Manage user technology accounts based on “least privilege”
- Keep impeccable records, user access to systems, and services
- Monitor and renew security certificate in a timely manner.
- Act as the primary administrator for COEC Organizational Google Account, DNS, some Websites, MiFi, HP, Verizon VOIP and M2M cellular data, ISP, and more.
- Network Management
- Oversee, manage, monitor, upgrade and troubleshoot COECs internal network. Main technology used is Barracuda F400, Ubiquity P2P and switches, Aruba access points (104 and 303), DVR, Verizon VOIP system including auto attendants, Ubiquity MiFi custom control with some JSON programming, HP printers, we are a BYOD environment so most Apple and Windows computers and phones, some unix and many other systems.
- Coordinate, integrate, and monitor “smart” sites (water tower, well pits, leach fields, temperature sensors), adding to smart operations in consultation with the Executive Director to meet goals of operational and environmental efficiency.
- Internet and Telecommunications
- Communicate and partner directly with ISP (Rise Broadband) to maintain the most up-to-date, reliable, secure and fast internet access for the COEC Network. Establish consistent response and communication plans, including built-in back-ups when problems with technology or the network arise.
- The IT specialist will act as the primary administrator for the Verizon Government account, helping staff order and configure cell phones per COEC cell phone policy.
- Manage the phone system. This includes direct communication with Verizon Wireless (COEC’s phone services provider) as well as our land-line telephones.
- Technology and Audio-Visual Support and Training
- Offer technical support to COEC staff and clients and troubleshoot computer problems.
- Coordinate staff training and educational opportunities regarding “best practices” for COEC’s network including (but not limited to) privacy, firewalls, streaming, etc.
- Provide audiovisual set-up and tech support for our year-round conference and retreat center.
The IT specialist reports to the Executive Director but works closely alongside the camp and facility directors and the managers of many departments as well as with clients at each program.
Qualifications: (Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Physical Requirements of the Position:
Salary and Benefits
Please send a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org